River City Girls (Video Game)
River City Girls Parents Guide and Age Rating
River City Girls is a beat ’em up video game developed by WayForward and published by Arc System Works. The game was released for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows in September 2019, and for Amazon Luna in October 2020. A PlayStation 5 version and a sequel, River City Girls 2, are in development.
Misako is in detention at River City High, accompanied by her best friend Kyoko. She receives an alarming message on her phone: a picture of Kunio and Riki, the heroes of River City High and their boyfriends, seemingly being kidnapped. Kyoko and Misako decide to spring into action to rescue their boyfriends. The pair rampages across the city, attacking any suspicious person they find while attempting to find answers.
River City Girls Age Rating
ESRB- River City Girls has received ESRB Rating E10+ (EVERYONE10+) for Fantasy, Violence, Language, Mild Blood, Suggestive Themes. ESRB E10+ means that the content of the game is generally suitable for all ages10 and up.
River City Girls Parents Guide
- There’s trouble once again in River City, and this time only the girls can save the day! Using a variety of attacks, weapons, and items, these hot-blooded heroines are ready to teach the city’s lowlifes a lesson – either solo or in 2-player co-op! It’s an old-school rumble for a new generation!
- This is an action game in which players assume the roles of two high-school students battling to free their kidnapped boyfriends.
- Players traverse side-scrolling city environments and beat up enemies (e.g., student thugs, wrestlers, zombies) using punches and kicks.
- Players can also use whips, guitars, yoyos, and chairs to defeat enemies.
- Battles are highlighted by screen-shaking effects, cries of pains, and impact sounds.
- A handful of sequences depict small bloodstains on the floor; some character portraits depict small, stylized blood stains on characters’ whips and batons.
- The game contains some suggestive material in the dialogue (e.g., “They want a woman with meat on her bones. And I got all the meat”; “Didn’t you get kicked out of your school for taking secret photos of the girls’ volleyball team”; “Have you guys seen Kunio and Riki? / Just like every day…every night actually.”).
- The word “a*s” is heard in the game.
River City Girls Gameplay & Features
River City Girls is a beat ’em up brawler. The player can choose between Kyoko or Misako, who plays similarly but have unique moves and animations.
Two players can play a local cooperative mode with both. Waves of enemies and occasional bosses are out to oppose the chosen character. The player progresses through six areas in a linear manner similar to Shodai Nekketsu Kōha Kunio-Kun and Shin Nekketsu Kōha: Kunio-Tachi no Banka.
Like River City Ransom, the player is free to return to previous areas, but they must complete certain battles and objectives to go to the new locations in their current area. In many areas where combat is initiated the first time, chains and a lock will surround the edges of the screen.
At this point, the player will be unable to leave the area until all enemies are defeated. There are six bosses in the game; to be able to advance to the next area, the player must defeat the boss of the current area.
Defeated enemies drop money for the player to collect, just as in River City Ransom. Money can be spent at various shops to purchase items, food, and gear to increase stats. Money can also be used to purchase new fighting moves from the Dojo to complement the starting basic set.
Abilities are all simple to perform, being a direction + a button; complexity for advanced players lies in chaining the simple moves together into long combos.
Characters also gain experience points and level-ups from defeating enemies, as in River City Ransom: Underground. Completion of quests grants experiences and money rewards to both characters, ensuring that the one that the player is not using in a single-player game does not fall behind in levels or money.
As bosses are defeated in the game, enemies become stronger. Upon defeating the final enemy in an area, they might surrender. The player can choose to either defeat the enemy as normal or to recruit them. Recruited enemies can be summoned to assist the player, although only one recruit is kept at a time. The player can pick up various objects during the game and use them as improvised weapons, but they will break after being used multiple times.
If the player loses all their stamina bar and is defeated (or both characters defeated in multiplayer), the player must restart the current room and lose a portion of their cash on hand, but their health is fully restored.
In multiplayer, if only one character is knocked out, it is possible for the other player to revive them by standing over their fallen body and repeatedly kicking their departing soul back into it. An angel leaving the character’s body acts as a timer so that the other player can perform the revival as fast as possible.
Once introduced, Kunio-Kun character Godai will offer players numerous side quests. There are also various NPCs that the player can interact with. After completing the game once, the player will unlock Kunio and Riki as playable characters.
River City Girls System Requirements
OS: Windows 7 (64-bit OS required)
Processor: Intel(R) Core 2 Duo E7500
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 or equivalent
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 6 GB available space
OS: Windows 10 64-bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(TM) II X6 1035T @3100 MHz / Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 3770 @3400 MHz or higher
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series / NVIDIA GTX 950
DirectX: Version 11
River City Girls Official Trailer
Official website: wayforward.com
That’s all for now, Stay tuned to get more updates on the age rating of all Netflix TV Series, TV shows, books, and games. Finally, any suggestions are always welcomed.
Also, please make use of the comment box for your reviews. We are always providing the complete details on age rating for kids, We will make the easy and best way for your kids.