My Neighbor Totoro Parents guide
My Neighbor Totoro is a 1988 Japanese animated fantasy film that is written and directed by Hayao Miyazaki and animated by Studio Ghibli for Tokuma Shoten. My Neighbor Totoro was released in the United States on July 13, 1990 (United States).
The film won the Animage Anime Grand Prix prize and the Mainichi Film Award and Kinema Junpo Award for Best Film in 1988. . The Production company of My Neighbor Totoro is Studio Ghibli and distributed by Toho.
In this film, you can watch Satsuki and Mei two young girls who have moved with their father to a new country while their mother lies ill in a nearby hospital. The two sisters find that the new house they move into finds something unusual.
Official Poster and Details
My Neighbor Totoro was first released on 16 April 1988 in Japan, and on 13 July 1990 Film was released in the United States.
|Name||My Neighbor Totoro (となりのトトロ)|
|Genre||Animation, Comedy, Family|
|Also Known as||Tonari no Totoro|
|Initial Release Date||16 April 1988 (Japan)|
|Run Time||1h 26m|
|Age Rating||G- Rated|
|Production Company||Tokuma Japan Communications, Studio Ghibli, Nibariki|
|Distributor||Walt Disney Pictures, HBO Max, 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment, 50th Street Films|
Note! If you have already watched the show, please inform us about the parental guidance here. With your support, we can bring out a better vision to everyone.
My Neighbor Totoro Official Synopsis
Two young girls, 10-year-old Satsuki and her 4-year-old sister Mei move into a house in the country with their father to be closer to their hospitalized mother. Satsuki and Mei discover that the nearby forest is inhabited by magical creatures called Totoros. They soon befriend these Totoros and have several magical adventures.
(The film depicts when two sisters going to the country to meet their mother, the forest of the place or country where their mother lives are wonderful and full of the thrill of souls.)
My Neighbor Totoro Parents Guide and Age Rating
My Neighbor Totoro Age Rating
My Neighbor Totoro has been rated G for the content shown in the movie.
G-rated means General Audiences, all ages admitted, meaning there is nothing in theme, language, nudity, sex, violence or other matters that the rating board thinks would offend parents whose younger children view the picture.
The program is Rated G means that it is suitable for people of all ages, that is, for all general audiences and there is nothing in theme, language, nudity, sex, violence or other matters that the rating board thinks would offend parents whose younger children view the picture.
It is suitable for all ages and does not contain any profanity or inappropriate content. G-rated rating this movie got because this movie is rated for all ages means a general audience.
Why My Neighbor Totoro is G-Rated?
- No sexual content and nudity showed.
- Kids friendly movie.
- In one of the scenes, the father bathes with his children but none of the genitals are seen.
- There is no violence shown in the movie.
- No use of profanity.
- No consumption of alcohol content.
- In one scene, when the catbus jumps down, it is an attempt to show that the cat is male. You can see that the scene was only for a short time.
- One scene shows the father and children taking a bath, which is fully animated. There is no genital exposure here.
- In one scene of the new house, you have “Soot Spirits” that appear to move and crawl.
- The house is shaken by the wind in the bath scene and some scary noises are heard but the whole family laughs at the end.
- A missing child is shown briefly in the film, as well as fictional creatures, whose result is positive and reassuring.
- The two characters in the film fight a bit and you will also see a sick woman in the film who recovers in the end.
My Neighbor Totoro Wallpaper and Images
Who is in the voice cast of My Neighbor Totoro?
- Hitoshi Takagi as Totoro(voice)
- Noriko Hidaka as Satsuki(voice)
- Chika Sakamoto as Mei(voice)
- Shigesato Itoi as Tatsuo Kusakabe(voice)_
- Sumi Shimamoto as Yasuko Kusakabe(voice)
- Tanie Kitabayashi as Granny(voice)
- Yûko Maruyama as Kanta’s Mother(voice)
- Machiko Washio as Sensei(voice)
- Reiko Suzuki as Rôba(voice)
- Masashi Hirose as Kanta’s Father(voice)
- Toshiyuki Amagasa as Kanta(voice)
- Shigeru Chiba as Kusakari-Otoko(voice)
- Naoki Tatsuta as Cat Bus(voice)…
- Tarako as Additional Voices(voice)
- Tomohiro Nishimura as Postal Messanger(voice)
- Mitsuko Ishida as Additional Voices(voice)
- Chie Kôjiro as Additional Voices(voice)(as Chie Koujiro)
- Daiki Nakamura as Man on Tractor(voice)ms
My Neighbor Totoro Official Trailer
Know about My Neighbor Totoro Parents guide. Why does My Neighbor Totoro receive this age rating? Read the complete information here about My Neighbor Totoro ratings in the UK, US, Australia, Canada, Ireland, Switzerland, and overseas.
What My Neighbor Totoro Film is Rated?
My Neighbor Totoro film is Rated G.
Who can Watch My Neighbor Totoro?
The age rating to watch the Age of My Neighbor Totoro film is given in the above-written article.
Can 10 years watch My Neighbor Totoro film?
Yes, 10 years watch My Neighbor Totoro film because it is suitable for General Audience.
In fact, the age rating is fixed by MPAA( Motion Picture Association of America TV Series rating system), BBFC (British Board of Film Classification), and Commons sense, TV Parental Guidelines (A television content rating system in the United States).
Stay tuned to get more updates on the age rating of all movies, tv shows, Netflix, books, and games. Finally, any suggestions are always welcomed.
Also, please make use of the comment box for your reviews. We are always providing all age ratings for kids, We will make the easy and best way for your kids.