House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas
Number-one New York Times best-selling author Sarah J. Maas launches her brand-new CRESCENT CITY series with House of Earth and Blood; a Romantic Young Adult novel under the publication of Bloomsbury Publishing.
House of Earth and Blood is the first book of the Crescent City novel series and the second book is “House of Sky and Breath” and the third book of the series which is untitled yet is expected to be published in 2023.
|Book Name||House of Earth and Blood|
|Author||Sarah J. Maas|
|Genre||Fantasy, Romance, YA|
|No. of Page||803|
|Date of Publication||March 3rd, 2020|
House of Earth and Blood is the story of half-Fae and half-human Bryce Quinlan as she seeks revenge in a contemporary fantasy world of magic, danger, and searing romance.
Get House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City) Book
House of Earth and Blood Summary
Bound by blood.
Tempted by desire.
Unleashed by destiny.
Bryce Quinlan had a perfect life—working hard all day and partying all night—until a demon murdered her closest friends, leaving her bereft, wounded, and alone. When the accused is behind bars but the crimes start up again, Bryce finds herself at the heart of the investigation. She’ll do whatever it takes to avenge their deaths.
Hunt Athalar is a notorious Fallen angel, now enslaved to the Archangels he once attempted to overthrow. His brutal skills and incredible strength have been set to one purpose—to assassinate his boss’s enemies, no questions asked. But with a demon wreaking havoc in the city, he’s offered an irresistible deal: help Bryce find the murderer, and his freedom will be within reach.
As Bryce and Hunt dig deep into Crescent City’s underbelly, they discover a dark power that threatens everything and everyone they hold dear, and they find, in each other, a blazing passion—one that could set them both free, if they’d only let it.
With unforgettable characters, sizzling romance, and page-turning suspense, this richly inventive new fantasy series by #1 New York Times bestselling author Sarah J. Maas delves into the heartache of loss, the price of freedom—and the power of love.
House of Earth and Blood Age Rating
House of Earth and Blood is a romance, yong adult novel; ageratingjuju will suggest rating 14+ for this novel as the content of the novel includes explicit language, drug use, graphic mature content, slavery, abuse, gore, violence, mutilation, magical species over mortals, death, loss of loved ones, depression, suicide attempt mentioned.
House of Earth and Blood Parents Guide
- Cursing, talking about sex, drugs, partying, and drinking is brought up in this book is pretty realistic to the society we live in today.
- Hard-edge, dark vibe, and pacing that goes from low to explosions and thunder.
- With more mature storytelling and a painstakingly-crafted, cruel world in defiance of the fairytale-ish-ness of ACoTaR.
- A detailed urban/high fantasy and noir atmosphere of mystery, drugs, sex, war, and epicness all in one book, with a refreshing twist on the Chosen One trope while exploring the power of sacrifice and unflinching trust in love.
“Remember that you will die, and enjoy each pleasure the world has to offer.”
― Sarah J. Maas, House of Earth and Blood
House of Earth and Blood Characters
- Bryce is one of the most unlikely MCs, starting from a place of abandon and looking to find her worth, having a real chip on her shoulder when it comes to males and getting riled up rather quickly about feministic matters, being denied a dancing career because of her body type, this curvy party girl brings a more ignored type of characters into the spotlight. With her, SJM comfortably shoulders themes like casual sex and drugs, handling them with such rare ease.
- Hunt the Haunted Boy bore such utter loss and loneliness, he respected her despite being an occasional idiot yet a loyal puppy, but he lacked a certain solidity to his character that all of Maas’s other male characters still had.
- Danika, reckless, wild, loyal unto death, awe-inspiring alpha with a life forced upon her and the usual choice for lead; Ruhn, my precious defiant crown prince, and Chosen One of the Fae, but a brother above all else; contained and messed up Fury; unwavering June; unforgettable and priceless Lele; Flynn and his reflection of the responsibility-fleeing youth; charming Tharion; humble Isaiah; and mysterious and dark Aidas.
- Ruhn Danaan the rebellious, powerful, arrogant domineering Fae prick with a heart of gold and a hidden soft side. He’s a Fae male protagonist.
- Lehabah is the pretty, little, gossipy, mischievous, caring, talkative, brave, emotional fire sprite who despite being really annoying at times. She is so amazing and supportive in her own little way.
- Juniper Andromeda is the beautiful, talented, determined, gorgeous, fierce, supportive, loving, sweet, stubborn dancer who refused to let her faun legs stop her from ballet.
- Fury Axtar is the lethal, mercenary, terrifying, dark, dangerous, rebellious, sarcastic, notorious assassin whose caring side and lethality are amazing.
- Jesiba Roga is the notorious, cold, imperious, powerful, feared, mysterious, cunning, immortal sorceress who intimidates everyone and often threatens to turn people into animals. No one challenges her, no matter their standing.
- Hypaxia Enador – the smart, calculating, unflinching, strong, underestimated badass witch who knows what she’s doing and does not back down.
- Tharion, Queen Hypaxia & Adidas these three just sided characters but each one of them was super intriguing.
House of Earth and Blood Trailer
About The Author
Sarah J. Maas is the #1 New York Times and internationally bestselling author of the Crescent City, A Court of Thorns and Roses, and the Throne of Glass series. Her books have sold more than twelve million copies and are published in thirty-seven languages. A New York native, Sarah lives in Philadelphia with her husband, son, and dog. To find out more, visit sarahjmaas.com or follow @therealsjmaas on Instagram.
Official website: Sarahjmaas
Stay tuned to get more updates on the age rating of all movies, tv shows, books, and games. Finally, any suggestions are always welcomed.
Also, please make use of the comment box for your reviews. We are always providing all age ratings for kids, We will make the easy and best way for your kids.