Happy Alfred Hitchcock Day
Known as the Master of Suspense, Alfred Hitchcock is celebrated each year on March 12. Alfred Hitchcock was most known for making thrillers. He blended suspense, humor, and sex, and used many motifs and devices, such as the MacGuffin, to advance his intricate and spellbinding plots. National Alfred Hitchcock Day, a day to celebrate the life, times, and work of master filmmaker Alfred Hitchcock.
Hitchcock directed over 50 films throughout his career and introduced the world to iconic characters, film shoots, and directorial convention
About Alfred Hitchcock
Alfred Hitchcock was born on August 13, 1899, in Leytonstone, England. He lived with his parents Emma and William and two older siblings and grew up as an isolated and lonely child who suffered from obesity. He experienced harsh punishment from his parents, something that later influenced his work, showing up in one of his recurring themes: a man wrongfully punished.
Alfred Hitchcock’s prolific film-making career spanned over half a century He started making movies in 1921 and made his last film, Family Plot, in 1976. His unique cinematic style in the genre of psychological thrillers and suspense movies earned him the title of Master of Suspense.
In addition to making movies, Hitchcock created and hosted a television series called Alfred Hitchcock Pres
How to celebrate Alfred Hitchcock Day
Watch your favorite Hitchcock film
- Try to spot Hitch in his own films
- Read a novel that inspired one of his movies
- Try to spot his cameos, or watch a video of them all in sequence.
- Watch Alfred Hitchcock Presents.
- Watch the Hitchcock biopic Hitchcock.
- Read some filmmaking tips from the director.
- Read a book about Hitchcock such as Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho, Alfred Hitchcock: A Life in Darkness and Light, The Art of Alfred Hitchcock: Fifty Years of His Motion Pictures, or Hitchcock, by legendary French director Francois Tru
Why do we love Alfred Hitchcock?
- He’s the Master of Suspense.
- A master innovator
- He worked his way up.
There are over 1,500 national days. Don’t miss a single one. Thank you for reading this article. Happy Alfred Hitchcock Day 2022.