Contagion Parents guide
Contagion is a 2011 American medical thriller film directed by Steven Soderbergh and written by Scott Z. Burns. Contagion was premiered at the 68th Venice International Film Festival in Venice, Italy on September 3, 2011, and was theatrically released on September 9, 2011. The Production companies of Contagion are Participant Media, Imagenation Abu Dhabi, and Double Feature Films, distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures.
Official Poster and Details
[su_box title=”Contagion” style=”noise” radius=”9″]
[su_row][su_column size=”1/2″ center=”no” class=””]
[/su_column] [su_column size=”1/2″ center=”no” class=””]
|Release Date||September 9, 2011 (United States)|
|Runtime||1 hour 46 minute|
|Official website||Warner Bros. Pictures|
Note! If you have already watched the show, please inform us about the parental guidance here. With your support, we can bring out a better vision to everyone.
What does “Contagion” is it about?
This movie concerns the spread of a virus transmitted by respiratory droplets and fomites, attempts by medical researchers and public health officials to identify the disease. After Beth Emhoff return from a business trip to Hong Kong, she dies from the flu or some other type of infection. Her young son dies later the same day. Her husband Mitch however seems immune. Thus begins the spread of a deadly infection. For doctors and administrators at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, several days pass before anyone realizes the extent or gravity of this new infection. As the contagion spreads to millions of people worldwide, societal order begins to break down as people panic.
Contagion Age Rating and Contagion Parents Guide
Contagion Age Rating
Contagion has been rated PG-13 for disturbing content and some language.
PG-13 rated means Parents Strongly Cautioned. Some Material May Be Inappropriate For Children Under 13. A PG-13 rating is a sterner warning by the Rating Board to parents to determine whether their children under age 13 should view the motion picture, as some material might not be suited for them.
Why Contagion is PG-13 rated?
- No sexual content and nudity is shown in the movie.
- In one of the scenes, a teenage girl and a teenage boy try to kiss, but they get interrupted.
- Moderate violence is shown in the movie.
- In one of the scenes during an autopsy, a dead woman’s face is shown.
- A man rushes into his young stepson’s room and finds the boy dead.
- In one of the scenes, a woman is found dead on a bus.
- A dead woman wrapped in a plastic bag with duct tape wrapped around her neck.
- We see many dead people being piled into an open pit.
- Gunshots sound is heard, see flashes of light inside a house and see two men carrying guns leaving the house
- Two masked people break into a house and threaten a woman.
- Mild profanity is used.
- ‘F*ck’, ‘Sh*t’ words are frequently spoken.
- A person is shown smoking.
- The movie contains alcohol drinking scenes
- A woman drinks several alcoholic beverages while playing at a casino.
- People are seen holding alcoholic beverages in a casino/bar setting.
- In one of the scenes, a woman injects herself in the thigh with a hypodermic needle.
Contagion Wallpaper and Images
Who is in the cast of Contagion?
- Matt Damon as Mitch Emhoff
- Kate Winslet as Dr. Erin Mears
- Jude Law as Alan Krumwiede
- Gwyneth Paltrow as Beth Emhoff
- Tien You Chui as Li Fai(as Chui Tien You)
- Josie Ho as Li Fai’s Sister
- Daria Strokous as Irina
- Griffin Kane as Clark Morrow
- Yoshiaki Kobayashi as Japanese Bus Man
- Laurence Fishburne as Dr. Ellis Cheever
- John Hawkes as Roger
- Monique Gabriela Curnen as Lorraine Vasquez
- Teri McEvoy as School Nurse
- Sue Redman as ER Nurse #1
- Teri Campbell as ER Nurse #2
- Stef Tovar as Dr. Arrington
- Mary Jo Faraci as Social Worker
- Grace Rex as Carrie Anne
Contagion Official Trailer
Know about Contagion Parents Guide. Why does Contagion receive this age rating? Read the complete information here about Contagion ratings in the UK, US, Australia, Canada, Ireland, Switzerland, and overseas.
In fact, the age rating is fixed by MPAA( Motion Picture Association of America TV Series rating system), BBFC (British Board of Film Classification), and Commons sense, TV Parental Guidelines (A television content rating system in the United States).
Stay tuned to get more updates on the age rating of all movies, tv shows, Netflix, books, and games. Finally, any suggestions are always welcomed.
Also, please make use of the comment box for your reviews. We are always providing all age ratings for kids, We will make the easy and best way for your kids.