Blade of Secrets (Bladesmith, 1)
“Beauty. Such a silly, superficial thing, and yet, so much danger was created because of it.” ― Tricia Levenseller, Blade of Secrets
Blade of Secrets Parents Guide and Age Rating
In Blade of Secrets, a new YA fantasy adventure from the author of The Shadows Between Us, a teenage blacksmith with social anxiety is forced to go on the run to protect the world from the most powerful magical sword she’s ever made. Read about Blade of Secrets Parents Guide and Age Rating here.
Blade of Secrets follows the story of Ziva, who loves to spend her alone time in the forge creating unique weapons imbued with power using her magical gift. Simply to say, she loves metal more than she is with people.
Then, she was commissioned by a warlord, to create the most powerful blade and has created one that could cut far deeper than the length of its blade. But here’s the catch, it could also whisper secrets of the people it killed. And unknowingly, after the warlord intentionally cut herself to the weapon, she discovered her wicked intentions to use the weapon and enslave all the world under her rule.
And Ziva did the only right thing to do with her sister. They fled.
Along the way, they hired themselves a mercenary as well as getting a young scholar who has extensive knowledge of magic to follow. This book takes readers together to escape and find themselves in a safe place from the dangerous warlord.
Blade of Secrets Age Rating
Blade of Secrets rated 13 and up. I think age rating 12 is justifiable for this series because the book does not contain such kind of content which is inappropriate for children who are the age of 12 but not for less than 12.
The series is all about superpowers, action, adventure, and much more.
Blade of Secrets Parents Guide
Blade of Secrets Official Storyline
Eighteen-year-old Ziva prefers metal to people. She spends her days tucked away in her forge, safe from society and the anxiety it causes her, using her magical gift to craft unique weapons imbued with power.
Then Ziva receives a commission from a powerful warlord, and the result is a sword capable of stealing its victims’ secrets. A sword that can cut far deeper than the length of its blade. A sword with the strength to topple kingdoms. When Ziva learns of the warlord’s intentions to use the weapon to enslave all the world under her rule, she takes her sister and flees.
Joined by a distractingly handsome mercenary and a young scholar with extensive knowledge of the world’s known magics, Ziva and her sister set out on a quest to keep the sword safe until they can find a worthy wielder or a way to destroy it entirely.
A teenage blacksmith with social anxiety accepts a commission from the wrong person and is forced to go on the run to protect the world from the most powerful magical sword she’s ever made.
“I wish I could separate myself from the fear, to learn who I truly am.”
― Tricia Levenseller, Blade of Secrets
Blade of Secrets Characters
- Ziva- She is the main character, Ziva is a magical blacksmith who also suffers from social anxiety. You will surely love Ziva’s relationship with her sister. You can see how much she loves and is very protective of Temra, having to be the rightful guardian after both of their parents were killed. In whatever outcomes or decisions she made, she’ll always put Temra first — even when her potential love interest chose to save her than her sister.
- Temra- is Ziva’s sister, and their sisterly bond was a joy to read about. Temra is the exact opposite of Ziva, but their clashing personalities only strengthen their love. Their relationship is the best part of the book. Even when she is the younger one, she takes care of her anxious sister very well and becomes her self-appointed protector. Always come out at the right moment when she knows there were turmoils going on in that brain of Ziva.
- Petrik- Petrik is a nice addition to the group. I especially love seeing the dynamic between him and Kellyn, offering some humor and a light atmosphere in the book. The most admiring character of his would-be his loyalty towards the Tellion sisters. Petrik may be seen as a subsidiary but is equally sweet, which made him equally important to the story.
- Kellyn- Kellyn is an interesting character. He was deemed as attractive, making Ziva captivated by his charm when she first saw him… only to be repulsed at how disgusting he is. He is arrogant but also sweet and caring when it comes to Ziva and his family.
Blade of Secrets Review
- I will say the plot of the book was entertaining and will keep you hooked from the beginning to the end. It is fast-paced and Blade of Secrets is a perfect book to get you out of a reading slump. There were a few plot twists but I felt they could have been foreshadowed a bit more.
“One day, you’re going to fall madly in love. You’ll find someone who will make you want to leave the forge. You won’t even see him coming.”
“The day the world runs out of iron ore will be the day I leave my forge. But even then, I’m sure I could figure out something with copper.”
- The writing of the book is great. It was easy to follow along and perfectly fit the tone of the book. The chapters were short and the book did not feel like a drag.
“Love is uncomfortable at first. It’s terrifying and exhilarating. But that will pass. It will become easier and something that you need rather than want. And if that doesn’t happen, then you’re with the wrong person.”
- The characters were the best part of the book. They were all flawed and well-written, but most importantly they felt like real teenagers and acted accordingly, which was a relief.
Blade of Secrets Trailer
“As for not liking people, that’s fine. I don’t really like people, either. Maybe we could not like people together.”
― Tricia Levenseller, Blade of Secrets
Official Website: tricialevenseller.com
Stay tuned to get more updates on the age rating of all movies, tv shows, books, and games. Finally, any suggestions are always welcomed. Blade of Secrets Parents Guide and Age Rating.
Also, please make use of the comment box for your reviews. We are always providing all age ratings for kids, We will make the easy and best way for your kids.