A Silent Voice Parents guide
A Silent Voice ( 聲の形) is a 2016 Japanese animated drama film produced by Kyoto Animation, directed by Naoko Yamada, and written by Reiko Yoshida. It is based on the manga of the same name written and illustrated by Yoshitoki Ōima.
The film follows a former bully turned social outcast who decides to reconnect and befriend the deaf girl he had victimized years prior.
Official Poster and Details
Note! If you have already watched the show, please inform us about the parental guidance here. With your support, we can bring out a better vision to everyone.
A Silent Voice Official Synopsis
As a wild youth, elementary school student Shouya Ishida sought to beat boredom in the cruelest ways. When the deaf Shouko Nishimiya transfers into his class, Shouya and the rest of his class thoughtlessly bully her for fun. However, when her mother notifies the school, he is singled out and blamed for everything done to her. With Shouko transferring out of the school, Shouya is left at the mercy of his classmates. He is heartlessly ostracized all throughout elementary and middle school, while teachers turn a blind eye.
Now in his third year of high school, Shouya is still plagued by his wrongdoings as a young boy. Sincerely regretting his past actions, he sets out on a journey of redemption: to meet Shouko once more and make amends.
Koe no Katachi tells the heartwarming tale of Shouya’s reunion with Shouko and his honest attempts to redeem himself, all while being continually haunted by the shadows of his past.
A Silent Voice Parents guide and Age Rating
A Silent Voice Age Rating
A Silent Voice is rated TV-14 for the content shown in it.
Program rated TV-14 means Parents need to be Strongly Cautioned because TV-14 rated programs may contain some material that many parents would find unsuitable for children under 14 years of age.
Why is A Silent Voice King Rated G?
- Some verbal sexual references.
- Some female characters wear skirts and shorts.
- Some fighting but these fights are not graphic or violent.
- A character slaps another character.
- Words Holy Crap, Sh*t, A*shole, and Dumba*s are said very few times.
- Bullying; A deaf girl is bullied throughout the movie and in one scene.
- The main characters attempt suicide.
Who is in the voice cast of A Silent Voice?
- Miyu Irino as Shôya Ishida
- Saori Hayami as Shoko Nishimiya
- Aoi Yûki as Yuzuru Nishimiya
- Kenshô Ono as Tomohiro Nagatsuka
- Yûki Kaneko as Naoka Ueno
- Yui Ishikawa as Miyoko Sahara
- Megumi Han as Miki Kawai
- Toshiyuki Toyonaga as Satoshi Mashiba
- Mayu Matsuoka as Young Shoya Ishida
- Sachiko Kojima as Young Kazuki Shimada
- Hana Takeda as Young Keisuke Hirose
- Fuminori Komatsu as Takeuchi-sensei
- Ikuko Tani as Ito Nishimiya
- Erena Kamata as Maria Ishida
- Ayano Hamaguchi as Shoya’s sister
- Ryunosuke Watanuki as Pedro
- Ryô Nishitani as Kazuki Shimada
- Takuya Masumoto as Keisuke Hirose
A Silent Voice Official Trailer
Know about A Silent Voice Parents guide why does A Silent Voice receive this age rating? Read the complete information here about ratings in the UK, US, Australia, Canada, Ireland, Switzerland, and overseas.
In fact, the age rating is fixed by MPAA( Motion Picture Association of America TV Series rating system), BBFC (British Board of Film Classification), and Commons sense, TV Parental Guidelines (A television content rating system in the United States).
Stay tuned to get more updates on the age rating of all movies, tv shows, Netflix, books, and games. Finally, any suggestions are always welcomed.
Also, please make use of the comment box for your reviews. We are always providing all age ratings for kids, We will make the easy and best way for your kids.