1984 Parents Guide
Nineteen Eighty-Four is a 1984 British dystopian science fiction film written and directed by Michael Radford and the film is based upon George Orwell’s 1949 novel of the same name.
Production companies were Virgin Films, Umbrella-Rosenblum Films, Atlantic Entertainment Group, and Distributed by 20th Century Fox.
Official Poster and Details
[su_box title=”1984″ style=”noise” radius=”9″]
[su_row][su_column size=”1/2″ center=”no” class=””]
[/su_column] [su_column size=”1/2″ center=”no” class=””]
|Distributed by||20th Century Fox|
Note! If you have already watched the show, please inform us about the parental guidance here. With your support, we can bring out a better vision to everyone.
What does “1984” is about?
The film follows the life of Winston Smith, a low-ranking civil servant in a war-torn London ruled by Oceania, a totalitarian superstate. Smith (Hurt) struggles to maintain his sanity and his grip on reality as the regime’s overwhelming power and influence persecutes individualism and individual thinking on both a political and personal level.
1984 Parents Age Rating
The film is rated R for sex and nudity.
R Rated means Restricted. Program-rated R is intended to be viewed by mature, adult audiences and may be unsuitable for children under 17. Contains content that is unsuitable for children. Children Under 17 Require Accompanying Parent or Adult Guardian.
1984 Parents Guide
- The movie is an overall dark, depressing and suspenseful dystopia that takes place in an extremely authoritarian superstate.
- Sexual content and nudity are there.
- Full frontal female nudity is shown in two scenes.
- Male and female rear nudity in another scene.
- Sex scenes more than one.
- A prostitute lifts her skirt revealing her pubic hair. It is implied that the main character had sex with her afterward.
- There is some violence is also included in the film.
- A bomb explodes near the main character and in a scene, a woman is punched in the stomach.
- The main character is tortured by repeatedly being beaten, having his hair cut off, starvation, sleep deprivation.
- There is a scene in which the main character’s limbs are stretched, he’s tortured with electric shocks, and having his head put into a cage containing ravenous rats.
- The main character and others are shown smoking cigarettes and drinking alcoholic beverages.
- Very rare use of profanity.
1984 Wallpaper and Images
Who is in the cast of 1984?
- John Hurt as Winston Smith
- Rupert Baderman as Young Winston Smith
- Richard Burton as O’Brien
- Suzanna Hamilton as Julia
- Cyril Cusack as Mr. Charrington
- Gregor Fisher as Parsons
- James Walker as Syme
- Andrew Wilde as Tillotson
- Merelina Kendall as Mrs. Parsons
- John Boswall as Emmanuel Goldstein
- Roger Lloyd-Pack as Waiter
- Pam Gems as the Washerwoman
- Pip Donaghy as Inner Party Speaker
- Janet Key as the Instructress
- Hugh Walters as Artsem Lecturer
- Shirley Stelfox as the Prostitute
- Corinna Seddon as Winston’s Mother
- Martha Parsey as Winston’s Sister
- Matthew Scurfield and Garry Cooper as Guards
- Rolf Saxon as Patrolman
1984 Official Trailer
1984 Age Rating and 1984 Parents Guide
Know about 1984 Parents Guide. Why 1984 receive this age rating? Read the complete information here about 1984 ratings in the UK, US, Australia, Canada, Ireland, Switzerland, and overseas.
In fact, the age rating is fixed by MPAA( Motion Picture Association of America TV Series rating system), BBFC (British Board of Film Classification), and Commons sense, TV Parental Guidelines (A television content rating system in the United States).
Stay tuned to get more updates on the age rating of all movies, tv shows, Netflix, books, and games. Finally, any suggestions are always welcomed.
Also, please make use of the comment box for your reviews. We are always providing all age ratings for kids, We will make the easy and best way for your kids.