The Northman (2022)
The Northman Parents Guide and Age Rating
The Northman is an American epic historical film that comes under the direction of Robert Eggers and is co-written by Eggers and Sjón.
The Northman is one of the top-rated movies of 2022. Although the movie is good and received 8.4/10 ratings on IMDB, that doesn’t mean that it is appropriate for all ages. So we are here to talk about The Northman Parents Guide and age rating so that parents will be guided on whether or not they should allow their kids to watch this movie.
Official Poster and Details
|Movie Name||The Northman|
|Genre||Action, Adventure, Drama|
|Written by||Sjón, Robert Eggers|
|Produced by||Mark Huffam, Lars Knudsen, Arnon Milchan|
|Production companies||Regency Enterprises|
|Distributors||Focus Features, Universal Pictures|
|Release Date||April 22, 2022|
|Language||English, Norse, Old|
|Official website||Focus Features|
Note! If you have already watched the show, please inform us about the parental guidance here. With your support, we can bring out a better vision to everyone.
The Northman Official Synopsis
From visionary director Robert Eggers comes THE NORTHMAN it is an action-filled epic that follows a young Viking prince on his quest to avenge his father’s murder.
The Northman Age Rating | Why Northman is Rated R?
The Northman is Rated R for strong bloody violence, some sexual content, and nudity. The Northman is rated MA 15+ in Australia, 16 in the Netherlands, and Ireland. The Northman is Rated 14A in Canada 16+ in Russia and R in the United States.
R Rated means Restricted. Program-rated R is intended to be viewed by mature, adult audiences and may be unsuitable for children under 17. Contains content that is unsuitable for children.
The Northman Parents guide
- Severe violence and gore:
- Hand-to-hand combats and brutal use of weapons.
- Weapons like swords, arrows, axes, knives, and more sharp objects for killing.
- People are stabbed, decapitated, dismembered, and disemboweled.
- In a scene, a man is stabbed through the nose.
- A man is seen falling to the ground and his internal organs spilling out of his abdomen.
- Many children are killed and a horse is decapitated.
- Infrequent scenes that show frightening images.
- Sexual Content/Nudity: Brief scenes of sexual violence: women are chased, grabbed by men, and held down to the ground.
- Female breast and buttock nudity are shown.
- In one sexually suggestive scene where buttocks are visible and thrusting in detail.
- Rape is mentioned in the film.
- There is s scene where a man is about to rare a woman and she shows her genitals to him covered in menstrual blood.
- A woman tried to seduce her own son but he rejects her.
- Language: Mild profanity is used.
- Alcohol/Drugs: Some drugs are used as a ritual.
The Northman Wallpaper and Images
2022 Film The Northman Trailer Breakdown
In the trailer we see a young Amleth witnessing the killing of his father who was the king at the hands of his uncle Fjölnir. Filled with the fire and anger to take revenge, Amleth grows up nurturing that fury, enlisting the aid of Olga and the Seeress in his plan for revenge. Amleth repeated mantra of avenging his father, saving his mother, and killing Fjölnir sum up his core motivation throughout the arc of the narrative, likening his fate.
Amleth is a figure that exists in medieval Scandinavian legend, a direct inspiration of Prince Hamlet, and the tale is said to have descended from an old Icelandic poem, although its presence is not backed by historical records.
Whether Eggers will factor in the basic tenets of the Hamletian dilemma, brought to life on the big screen countless times in different iterations, remains to be seen.
However, due to the distinctive context of adapting an authentically Viking tale, the recontextualization is bound to be layered and interesting, as both Sjón and Eggers have incorporated ancient Norse legends and practices, melding mystery with bloodshed, magic with war.
Who is in the cast of The Northman?
- Alexander Skarsgård as Amleth, the Viking warrior prince
- Nicole Kidman as Queen Gudrún, Amleth’s mother
- Claes Bang as Fjölnir, Amleth’s uncle and Aurvandill’s brother
- Anya Taylor-Joy as Olga
- Ethan Hawke as King Aurvandill
- Björk as the Seeress
- Willem Dafoe as Heimir the Fool
- Kate Dickie as Halldora the Pict
- Gustav Lindh as Thorir the Proud
- Ingvar Eggert Sigurðsson as He-Witch
- Murray McArthur as Hákon Ironbeard
- Ian Whyte as The Mound Dweller
- Katie Pattinson as Shield-maiden
- Ian Gerard Whyte as Thorvaldr Giant-Crusher
- Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson as Thorfinnr
- Doa Barney as Melkorka
- Olwen Fouéré as Ashildur Hofgythja
- Ralph Ineson as Captain Volodymyr
Know about The Northman Parents guide. Why does The Northman receive this age rating? Read the complete information here about The Northman ratings in the UK, US, Australia, Canada, Ireland, Switzerland, and overseas.
In fact, the age rating is fixed by MPAA( Motion Picture Association of America film rating system), BBFC (British Board of Film Classification), and Commons sense, TV Parental Guidelines (A television content rating system in the United States).
Director: Robert Eggers
Date Created: 2022-04-22 04:34