Movie Rating Guide for Parents
Planning a family film night but not sure if the movie is suitable for everyone or not. Parents’ Guide to Movies enables parents to determine whether a movie is appropriate for them or their children, according to their own criteria.
Every movie is assigned a rating on a scale of 0 to 10 in each of the following five different categories Sex & Nudity, Violence, Profanity, Alcohol/Drugs/Smoking, and Frightening/Intense.
Users are encouraged to add their own reviews, but instead of adding personal opinions about what someone might think is right or wrong about the movie, we encourage users to only list the facts of relevant scenes in the movie based on the above categories and leave parents to decide if the content is appropriate or not.
Find out how film Parents Guide is decided and why they are used and how relevant the classifications actually are in our parents’ guide and which film is suitable for your kids.
Content considered for Parents Guide
- Allowing bad behavior, such as bullying, to go unchecked.
- Promoting illegal behavior.
- Showing the misuse of drugs.
- Detailed scenes of drug use.
- Use of offensive language.
Nudity and sex
- Scenes of a sexual nature involving nudity.
- Normalizing sexualized behavior.
Sexual violence and sexual threat
- Showing sexual violence.
- Scenes of sexual violence show powerlessness, fear, or distress.
Threat and horror
- Scary images and scenes and how long they go on.
- Effects such as music, realism, or supernatural elements could upset viewers.
- Use of realistic violence
- Normalizing violence. (Source- Google)