One of the most well-known pieces of music ever written for a horror movie is the Halloween theme, which John Carpenter composed for the first film in the slasher series in 1978. Carpenter has returned to provide new scores for each of the three entries in David Gordon Green‘s reboot trilogy, alongside his son Cody Carpenter and regular collaborator Daniel Davies, though he is no longer as involved in the franchise as he once was.
Halloween Ends, the third film in the trilogy, was recently released in UK theaters. In addition to the original score, the movie features a number of songs. The full list of songs on the Halloween Ends soundtrack can be found below.
Halloween Ends soundtrack:
- Midnight Monsters Hop by Jack & Jim
- Oillipheist, Fear Thee by Joseph Stephens
- Don’t Let the Devil Get You Down by Walt Richardson
- Misbehavin by Marteen
- License to Confuse by Sebadoh
- Halloween by Dead Kennedys
- This Time I’m In Love by Zeus
- Come 2 Me by Johnny Goth
- Haunt Me Baby by Boa Constrictors
- Devil’s Night by Donny Elbert & The Flames
- Tell Me With Your Eyes (Just be You) by Rob Galbraith
- Burn It Down by Boy Harsher
- Honkytonk Crunk by Them Carolina Boys
- I Was A Teenage Werewolf by The Cramps
- (Don’t Fear) the Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult
It was directed by David Gordon Green and co-written by Green, Danny McBride, Paul Brad Logan, and Chris Bernier, and distributed by Universal Pictures. Corey Cunningham is the protagonist of the movie. He is a young man who falls in love with Laurie Strode’s granddaughter. However, a series of occurrences, including meeting Michael Myers, upends his life and turn him into a murderous outcast.