Halloween Ends had its world premiere at Beyond Fest in Los Angeles on October 11, 2022, and Universal Pictures released it theatrically in the United States on October 14, 2022. For 60 days, the movie started streaming simultaneously on paid Peacock tiers. It received mixed reviews from critics, who thought it was a weak conclusion to the series and criticized its focus on new characters.
In the movie, Laurie Strode is attempting to finish her memoir while living with her granddaughter, four years after her last encounter with the masked killer Michael Myers. Since then, Laurie hasn’t seen Myers, and she finally decides to let go of her rage and fear and embrace life. However, Laurie is forced to confront the evil she cannot control when a young man is accused of murdering a boy he was babysitting. This sets off a chain reaction of violence and terror.
Here is the cast of Halloween Ends:
- Jamie Lee Curtis as Laurie Strode
- Andi Matichak as Allyson Nelson
- Will Patton as Deputy Frank Hawkins
- Rohan Campbell as Corey Cunningham
- Kyle Richards as Lindsey Wallace
- James Jude Courtney as Michael Myers or The Shape
- Jesse C. Boyd as Officer Mulaney
- Joanne Baron as Joan Cunningham
- Rick Moose as Ronald
- Michael Barbieri as Terry
- Destiny Mone as Stacy
- Joey Harris as Margo
- Marteen as Billy
- Michael O’Leary as Dr. Mathis
- Michele Dawson as Deb
- Keraun Harris as Willy the Kid
- Jaxon Goldberg as Jeremy Allen
- Candice Rose and Jack William Marshall as Mrs. and Mr. Allen
- Omar Dorsey as Sheriff Barker
- Diva Tyler as Sondra Dickerson
- Jibrail Nantambu as Julian Morrisey
Halloween Ends is a slasher movie released in 2022 in the United States. It is a sequel to Halloween Kills (2021), the thirteenth film in the Halloween franchise, and the final one in a trilogy of sequels that began with the 2018 movie and ended with the 1978 movie.
It was directed by David Gordon Green and co-written by Green, Danny McBride, Paul Brad Logan, and Chris Bernier, and distributed by Universal Pictures. Corey Cunningham is the protagonist of the movie. He is a young man who falls in love with Laurie Strode’s granddaughter. However, a series of occurrences, including meeting Michael Myers, upends his life and turn him into a murderous outcast.
Watch the trailer below: